Search This Blog

Monday, February 3, 2014

Effort

It takes effort to continue to do a good thing. It takes no effort at all to not do anything at all. I got interrupted in my "quilting every day" for one reason or another, I don't remember why, on about January 13 and have not picked it back up until yesterday, February 2.

Yesterday, all I did was to put the quilt back into the hoop and get ready to quilt. I'm at the point where I have to do a flower square and I've misplaced my thimble, the flower pattern and invisible marking pen to put the design on the square. I did do a little decluttering trying to find them, but didn't locate them. But, I can say that I did do something toward getting the quilt done.

To do nothing is like water flowing to its lowest point. It takes no effort at all! If I go so far as to say I was "slothful" in my work, then it puts me to think of the verse in the Bible:

"He who is slothful in his work is brother to him who is a great destroyer." ~Proverbs 18:9

"Make an effort", "Hit a lick at a snake" are both sayings to say, at least do something! Yesterday, I at least did something and that something has helped me gain some momentum. Today, I will be able to do more and get on the road of finishing this long overdue quilt.

I think I need the needlework cure.

2 comments:

  1. Some days are better than others as far as getting work done. At least you put in the effort, and hopefully next time will be even more productive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've done a little every day now. Not as fast as I'd like, but some is better than none.

      Delete