Search This Blog

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Day 29 of 365

Here are some pictures of the quilt I'm working on. These were taken yesterday, "day 29" of the 365 days I have pledged to myself (and to you) to work on quilting. This quilt was started about 10 years or so ago. I put it aside for at least a full three years. I think the longest thing to do in quilting or sewing a garment is the preparation before the sewing or quilting. Arranging all those squares so the colors would look "right" was very time consuming.
I had just quilted the green print to the left of the red/white with the quilt markings. I'm about to work on that square. It's square 61. I'm officially 1/3 the way through quilting the squares.

I'm showing this to show where I started - the checked green square in the foreground, I think was my first square.

This is to show a close-up of where I am and how I'm carrying the needle from one square to the next. By bedtime, I had *almost* finished the flower design. They take so much longer than the grid squares.
 
This is Nurse Sharon - taking the needlework cure.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I have yet to make a quilt,but I plan to..one day....blessings my friend

    ReplyDelete