Search This Blog

Friday, February 21, 2014

Day 30

Only 335 days of quilting left!
This post is really about yesterday, so here are some pictures of yesterday's quilt work:

This is the next block for today's work. I began to mark it yesterday. I decided to abandon the tissue paper and the whole square template idea. They didn't fit all the squares, and I remembered I'd seen one of the Barber sisters mark a quilting border with a single flower petal template like this. There were eight Barber sisters. Five of them live in my little town and all of them quilters.
 
 These two pictures below are to show where I quilted and where I'm headed. Yesterday, I was about to quilt the red/white at the bottom of the hoop. I quilted that one and the yellow/brown print and am about to move on up to the green print. Next - the red/white print again above the green, then turn the corner and do the yellow one just barely showing. One little square at a time.

 I've mentioned my little graph drawing I made to keep up with where to quilt next. Last week, I had finished 55 squares - I'm counting them on Sundays - and had a goal to get to 61. I am past that now and am headed around the corner to the mark. I put a mark at 12 squares, hoping I could do that many in a week and surpass my original plan of one a day, minus one day because I know I'll miss a day. Look at the number "90" When I hit that one, I'll still have 90 squares to go, yet it looks as though I'll be almost through! What a trick of the eye. Kind of like how we kids used to spread the peas around on the plate so it would look like we were finished. But, Mother or Daddy would always scrape them all together and make a nice pile of two more spoonfuls. {:-[

I hope you're having a good day doing some needlework! Alas, I still have Mama things to do before I can sit down to quilt.

This is Nurse Sharon speaking: take the needlework cure

No comments:

Post a Comment