Search This Blog

Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Next Quilt

O dear - I do try to be single-minded about things.

I am quilting on my first quilt every day, but my mind is also on my next quilt. I've changed my mind several times about what to do after this quilt is finished. I have finally made the decision to make my next oldest daughter a quilt. It's only right. I had started about two years ago piecing a quilt for my oldest brother, thinking for sure I'd make one for each brother next.  But really, I need to go in the order of my daughters, then Husband and me, and THEN my brothers.

One reason I really do need to think ahead is that there will be days that I will not be able to take my quilt with me, so I will need some smaller quilt project to do in order to keep the momentum going of quilting every day. Cutting out pieces is just the thing.

Here are some fabrics I've gathered to piece a quilt made up of triangles. They are all fall colors, and I'll add plenty of white ones in the actual quilt. I'm hoping it will look like the side of a mountain in the fall of the year with patches of snow throughout.

I may or may not use all these fabrics, but these are what I've started thinking about. Are you thinking about doing some needlework soon? What are your plans? Please comment. I'd love to hear your ideas.

This is Nurse Sharon speaking: Take the needlework cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment