Search This Blog

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Template Search

I have a blog called, "My Decluttering Blog" because I have 'way too much clutter. I have quit writing in it, mainly because I feel as though I'm losing the clutter in/out game. However, I'm determined to get to that blog once again and try to encourage others in getting their own houses de-cluttered.

Why did I mention that here? Well, because of the clutter in my house, I have lost my template that I used to draw out the flowery design on the quilt.

So, now that I have done one block in the grid design, I need to do one in the flowery design. But, I need a new template, and I need it now! I went to our local fabric store. It's called "Marshall's Fabrics". Quilting guilds come from all over to browse through their fabrics, so I consider myself blessed to live within a short driving distance from there. Their website is: www.marshalldrygoods.com Go check them out.

Unfortunately, the store was out of template blanks, so I had to do something else. I went to WalMart in their art dept. and got this tracing paper:

 So, I went to another block that I had already quilted the flowery pattern and traced it. I couldn't really see the stitches through the paper, but the light paper did help in tracing it out.
 Then, I cut out what I had traced. The lines will have to be guessed at. I made notches at the halfway marks.
 I used this pen. It's a vanishing pen just for quilting. You can see that one of the petals did not point to the corner, so I had to move it over.
This was yesterday. I quilted three and a half blocks. I was very pleased, especially since my goal was to do at least one a day. All together, since the first day - January 4, I have quilted four and a half squares. If I get just one and a half done today, that will bring me up to six - the same number of days I've been quilting every day. I have worked on this quilt every day since the fourth, but it hasn't all been actual quilting.

I believe I'm down to 359 days left of quilting. I'm already thinking of what quilt I'll be working on next! It involves lots and lots of triangles.

I can't wait to show you the finished product. I can't wait to mail it to my daughter who by now probably doesn't believe she'll ever receive it.

This is Nurse Sharon speaking: Take the needlework cure!


2 comments:

  1. What a treasure for your daughter. My mother, before she died pieced two tops for my daughters. She never finished the quilts only the tops. We hired a good friend to finish them and they came out beautifully. They are TREASURES. I did a blog post to share them if you want to see.

    http://santostimes.blogspot.com/2013/04/red-quilts.html

    Keep quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura. I would like to see! Thank you for your encouraging words.

      Delete