Search This Blog

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Beginning the quilting challenge

I actually began my "365 days of quilting" yesterday. I'd like to call shopping for fabric for a future quilt a quilting day, but I don't think I'll call that a day. If it had been a shopping trip for a quilt that I would begin on that very week, that might be different. However, I'm going to be fair with myself on this.

So, I am down by two --- 363 days of quilting left!

While I was looking for my thimbles, I came across some squares of fabric I had cut out to hem for napkins. I had finished one, but had seven or so unfinished. Here is one that I worked on yesterday...
I got the idea to use this kind of fabric for napkins somewhere on a blog. The seamstress had used this kind of fabric in various colors and had a few dozen in a basket on her table. They were very colorful and pretty as well as practical. I was happy to find a use for this fabric because I'd always liked it, but never had a need for it.

I'll post pictures of finished napkins and a new portion of the same ol' quilt this week I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment