Search This Blog

Saturday, December 21, 2013

365 Days of Quilting

I see that it's been longer than I realized. Unfortunately, something stopped me from quilting, so I had to put it to the side, and I haven't picked it up since.

Just after Thanksgiving I picked it up, though. I picked it up to look at it and regret for not having it finished by now. Sure, I was going slow - only about 2 five-inch blocks a day, but I was moving toward the goal. Even as slow as that, I would be on a second quilt by now.

So, I've decided to try this: Do some quilting every day for a full year, and post a picture and blog of what and how well I did that day. Typically, I don't keep to these kinds of long term goals (like New Year's Resolutions), but it's good to make goals and I will definitely try.

I'm going to give myself room to fail the "every day" part, at least in the posting. I'm allowing to miss one day a week on posting, but missing only five total of quilting in 365 days. That's a little more than 1%. Am I being kind enough to myself?

I don't know when I'll start. It won't have to be on January 1. I may start before or after, but I will commit myself to do some quilting every day for 365 days, even if it's not on this same quilt. I will travel some and I'll need something small, like piecing, that I can take.

So, stay tuned!

This is Nurse Sharon speaking - take the needlework cure.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharon,I will be visiting more and watching how your quilting comes along....beautifully,I'm sure. Little Snowie is really very quiet....I didn't know if she could bark when she first came,she was so quiet :) Yes,she can ,but doesn't bark to much...so far :) Blessings to you and yours in the new year.

    ReplyDelete