Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

Making Progress

I will soon be finished with quilt block number 36, which means, I'll be 20%, or 1/5 done with the quilting part of my first quilt. It's taking a lot longer than I expected, but isn't that always the case???

I was hoping to quilt about three blocks a day, but the best I can do is to quilt two. There are 180 five-inch squares. Just five inches square!! You'd think I could go faster than two blocks a day. Sometimes, I do get in three, but some days, I get only one or less done.

But, the main thing is, that the quilt is getting done, slow as it is. The middle of the quilt is the first to be quilted, so that makes it look like more is done, because all of those middle blocks are what you focus on when you first look at a quilt, not the edge blocks.

I'll try to put pictures up this week of how far I've come.

No comments:

Post a Comment